CV Joint, Axle, & Boot Repair and Replacement
When it comes to inspecting your CV and drive axle, we are your source for professional, knowledgeable service. Bring your car to us and rest assure that our staff will make sure it is safe to drive and carry your family around. Our staff will thoroughly inspect your vehicle’s axles. If needed, we can provide a CV axle repair or replacement.
Signs That Your Axles Need To Be Repaired
Go out to a large space (such as a parking lot), and slowly drive in tight circles. If you hear a clicking or cracking noise, you have a worn joint, and it must be repaired immediately.
The Purpose of Your Axles
Your vehicle’s axle connects two wheels together in front and in back. This load-bearing component acts like a central shaft, maintaining the wheel positions relative to each other and to the vehicle body. The axle construction matches vehicle use; trucks and off-road vehicles come with axles that keep the wheel positions steady under heavy stress (ideal for supporting heavy loads), while conventional axles satisfy general consumer needs. No matter what you drive, remember that your vehicle’s axle must bear the weight of your vehicle (plus any cargo) along with the acceleration forces between you and the ground.
Here is a brief description of the most common axle design:
What Is a Drive Axle and CV Axle?
Simply put, the engine drives the axle. Typically found in front wheel drive vehicles, a drive axle is split between two half axles with differential and universal joints between them. Each half axle connects to the wheel by a third joint—the constant velocity (CV) joint—that allows the wheels to move freely. This joint allows the shaft to rotate, transmitting power at a constant speed without a significant increase in friction and heat. CV joints require regular inspection.
If you suspect that your axle is damaged, contact us for a CV axle repair. We’ll have you back on the road, “click-free” in no time.
Proudly Serving the Following Locations:
- Henderson Auto Repair & Tire Shop
- Pahrump at State Hwy 160 and State Hwy 372
- 8825 W. Flamingo Rd at El Capitan
- 8532 Blue Diamond Rd at Durango
- 4690 Cactus at Decatur
- 7070 S. Jones Blvd at I-215
- 1925 N. Hollywood Blvd at Lake Mead
- 1280 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd at Maryland Pkwy
- 2220 W. Horizon Ridge Pkwy at Green Valley
- 6542 Boulder Hwy at Russell
- 445 W Centennial Pkwy at Commerce
- 7735 W. Sahara Ave at Buffalo
- 3225 W. Ann Rd at Simmons
- 9590 W. Tropicana at Fort Apache
- 6455 S. Pecos Rd at Sunset
- 4700 W Craig Rd at Decatur