Transmission Repair in Las Vegas, NV
The modern automatic transmission is the most complicated mechanical component in today’s vehicle. The automatic transmission contains mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, electrical systems, and computer controls that work together to power the engine to drive the wheels. With so many parts working together, this can lead to your transmission needing special attention and the occasional service.
You can help prevent breakdowns with regular transmission maintenance every 30,000 miles. Schedule an appointment at your nearest Tire Works location for these transmission services and more:
- Check of your transmission fluid level
- A complete transmission inspection
- Transmission pan service
- Transmission fluid exchange
What Causes Transmissions to Overheat
Transmission maintenance leads to a longer vehicle life. Typically trouble with the transmission starts from overheating. Below, are some common factors that cause the transmission to overheat:
- Stop-and-go traffic
- Heavy pulling
- Struggling in the snow
- Hot weather
At higher temperatures the transmission fluid burns. Your vehicle loses lubrication and deposits inside the transmission increase. We recommend that you take your vehicle to a service technician as soon as you believe your vehicle is having transmission problems. Tire Works provides transmission service at several locations in the Las Vegas Valley.
How to Prevent Your Transmission from Damage
- Check your parking space for leaks regularly. If you notice fluid deposits under your car, have one of our technicians inspect it right away. They will determine if you need a transmission service.
- Check the transmission fluid levels and condition. Change it when necessary.
- Make sure you use the correct transmission fluid as specified in your owner’s manual.
- Make sure to stop your vehicle before shifting into reverse or park.
- Always hold the brakes down when shifting from park.
Paying attention to your transmission will help increase the lifespan of your vehicle, save money on costly repairs, ensure smooth shifting, extend your transmission fluid’s life, and help prevent leaks.
When getting your vehicle serviced, explain any problems in as much detail as possible to our technicians. This will help us diagnose and prevent transmission issues efficiently and accurately.
Proudly Serving the Following Locations:
- Henderson Auto Repair & Tire Shop
- Pahrump at State Hwy 160 and State Hwy 372
- 8825 W. Flamingo Rd at El Capitan
- 8532 Blue Diamond Rd at Durango
- 4690 Cactus at Decatur
- 7070 S. Jones Blvd at I-215
- 1925 N. Hollywood Blvd at Lake Mead
- 1280 E. Silverado Ranch Blvd at Maryland Pkwy
- 2220 W. Horizon Ridge Pkwy at Green Valley
- 6542 Boulder Hwy at Russell
- 445 W Centennial Pkwy at Commerce
- 7735 W. Sahara Ave at Buffalo
- 3225 W. Ann Rd at Simmons
- 9590 W. Tropicana at Fort Apache
- 6455 S. Pecos Rd at Sunset
- 4700 W Craig Rd at Decatur