Expert Brake Repair | Visit Tire Works Brake Shop in North Las Vegas, NV
Making sure your brakes are always in optimal condition is essential to both your safety and the life of your vehicle. Have you recently noticed a squealing sound or slower braking response? These early signs of brake problems mean you need to have them checked by a professional right away.
If you are searching for “brake repair near me”, come see the ASE-certified technicians at Tire Works at our convenient North Las Vegas auto repair location. We provide all of the brake services and repairs you need to stay safe on the road.
Expert Brake Repair Services
At Tire Works, we recommend a brake inspection every 6,000 miles or six months, even if you haven’t experienced any problems recently. With regular inspections, our technicians can catch any minor issues before they become major problems.
Our complete brake repairs and brake services for drivers in North Las Vegas include:
- Inspection of the hydraulic system and brake friction
- Rotor and/or drum resurfacing as applicable
- Brake fluid flush
- Replacement of brake pads, brake calipers, shoes, etc.
- Repacking of wheel bearings if applicable
At Tire Works, we know our customers value professional service at an affordable price, so we offer special promotions and deals to help you save money. Check our coupons page frequently for the latest deals to save on your next service.
Know When Brake Service Is Needed
If it’s time to have your brakes checked and serviced, your brakes will often give you signs. These include:
- Your brake (ABS) light is illuminated on your dash
- Grinding, squealing, or thumping noises
- Vibration in the pedal when braking
- Reduced resistance in the brake pedal
- The vehicle pulls to one side when braking
- Yellow puddles of leaking brake fluid
If you notice any of these signs, bring your vehicle into Tire Works in North Las Vegas as soon as possible.
Extend The Life Of Your Brakes
Some simple changes in driving habits and regular brake inspections will have a huge impact on extending your brakes’ life. Here’s what can help:
- Coasting: Let the engine decelerate naturally and reduce your vehicle’s speed by coasting when possible.
- Slow down: Reduce hard, sudden stops by maintaining speeds closer to the speed limit and allowing plenty of space between you and the vehicle in front.
- Keep your foot off the brake pedal: If you ride the brake pedal while driving, it creates excess heat, causing excessive wear on your brake pads and rotors.
- Lighten the weight: The lighter the vehicle load, the less stress is put on your brakes. Remove any additional weight from your vehicle and try to not go over the manufacturer’s limits for hauling or towing.
- Regular brake inspections: Our ASE-Certified technicians can pinpoint brake issues before they cause further costly problems.
Schedule Your Appointment For Brake Repair
For top-quality brake service, as well as any other North Las Vegas auto service needs you may have, you can trust the expert ASE-certified technicians at Tire Works.
We proudly meet the needs of drivers in North Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. Schedule your appointment online today!
North Las Vegas Brake Service FAQs
What parts does the brake system contain?
Your brakes are one of the most important safety components on your vehicle. They help prevent accidents and are composed of a number of different parts. The many elements that work together in your braking system are:
- Brake pads
- Brake calipers
- Brake rotors
- Brake drums (if applicable)
- Wheel cylinders
- Master cylinder
- Brake fluid and piston assembly in the caster cylinder
- Power brake booster
- Braking hardware
- Parking brake cables
- Brake lines and hoses
With many different moving pieces in your brakes, there’s a lot that could require attention and brake service. By performing a brake check, you can be certain that your brakes are in perfect working order and won’t fail you when you need them most.
How do the brakes work?
Brakes are a wonder of mechanical engineering that slow the momentum of your vehicle through friction. In rapid succession, a series of functions occur once you press the brake pedal. When you first press the brake pedal, a lever forces the hydraulic fluid through the brake lines. This makes the pistons in the calipers press the brake pads against the brake rotors. The pressure causes the friction that works in each wheel to slow the momentum of the vehicle and bring it to a stop. Each of these actions takes place almost simultaneously to quickly react when you press on the brakes.With the everyday wear and tear that happens on your brakes, it’s vital to have a mechanic perform brake service at the first sign that there’s something wrong. Tire Works Total Car Care offers quality brake service in North Las Vegas for a reasonable price. We make it our priority to keep you safe on the road and will have your brake check performed in no time. Book an appointment online today and let our crew keep your brakes in perfect condition.
How do brake calipers work?
How can I get the most out of my brakes?
There are many ways to get the most out of your brakes. You can:
- Avoid driving recklessly and hard braking.
- Do not press the brake pedal while your right foot is on the accelerator.
- Allow your vehicle to slow naturally (when possible).
- Avoid riding your brakes when you are going downhill.
- Have Tire Works Total Car Care in North Las Vegas perform a regular brake service.