Brake Service & Repairs in Pahrump, NV
You hear a squealing sound in your brakes, but your week ahead is busy with work and family. It’s tempting to ignore potential brake problems when they first appear, but it’s important to have them checked out right away. The safety of your family and others on the road is too important to wait.
When you need the best brake service near you, bring your vehicle into Tire Works auto repair in Pahrump. Our ASE-certified brake technicians will perform a complete brake inspection. We will recommend needed repairs, provide a written estimate, complete the work, and get you back on the road safely.
Signs of Brake Problems
Here are some other signs of brake problems:
- Softness or vibration in the brake pedal
- The ABS (brake system) light is on
- Grinding or thumping sounds
- Leaks of yellow fluid under the car
- Pulling to one side when braking
Once the car is inspected, you will have peace of mind knowing exactly what needs to be done. The repairs will be expertly performed by our brake specialists and you will soon be back on the road.
Brake Inspections & Expert Brake Services
Here at Tire Works, we recommend brake inspections every 6,000 miles or six months. We offer free inspections and our technicians can advise you on other guidelines set by your car or truck’s manufacturer. Our brake services include:
- Flushing and replacing brake fluid
- Replacing brake pads or shoes and brake calipers
- Resurfacing rotors and/or drums
- Checking brake hydraulics and friction
- Checking all hoses and cables
- Repacking wheel bearings
Brakes can fail for several reasons: loss of pressure from low brake fluid, brittle brake pads caused by overheating, damaged rotors, and oil leaks onto the pads and rotors.
Let us detect these problems before your brakes fail and put anyone in danger.
After the inspection, the technician will give you a free quote. Make sure to check our coupons page for the latest specials when you schedule the work.
Our goal is to always provide top quality service at the best value for your money. Simply put, the best shop for brakes near you means Tire Works in Pahrump.
Help Extend The Life of Your Brakes
A few simple changes in your driving habits will protect the components of the brake system, including:
- Removing as much weight as possible from the trunk.
- Driving with one foot only.
- Avoiding hard stops as much as possible.
- Using the engine’s deceleration to slow down naturally.
- Having the brakes checked regularly.
Free Concierge Service
With our free concierge service, we will pick up your vehicle from your home or office (within three miles) to help save you valuable time. After the work is completed, we will clean all contact points and sanitize your vehicle before returning it to you. Your time and peace of mind matter to us at Tire Works.
Schedule Your Service Today!
You can conveniently schedule your appointment online for your next service at Tire Works. We proudly meet the auto service needs of drivers throughout Pahrump and the surrounding areas.
Pahrump Brake Service FAQs
When should I replace my brake rotors?
The brake rotors on your vehicle are designed to endure high friction to bring your car to a stop. As the everyday use of the brakes will eventually lead them to wear down and the surface to be rough, you may have them resurfaced or turned to increase their effectiveness. However, when the rotors begin to get too thin, they can become unsafe to drive on and you will need to have them replaced. The sure sign that your rotors are wearing too thin is a lack of stopping power or effectiveness of your brakes.
Driving with brake rotors that are wearing too thin can be extremely dangerous and could cause an accident. At the first sign that your brakes are not working like they should, book an appointment at Tire Works Total Car Care in Pahrump and let our crew keep your brakes functioning safely and correctly.
What are the brake calipers?
Why do I need a regular brake service?
There are several different components that make up the brakes for your vehicle that all work together to stop your vehicle. Some of the main components that make up the braking system are:
- Brake pads
- Brake rotors and drums (if applicable)
- Brake lines and hoses
- Brake calipers
- Brake pistons
- Wheel cylinders and master cylinder
- Parking brake cables
- Power brake booster
With several components to your brakes, it is vital to have your brake service regularly performed by a professional mechanic such as Tire Works Total Car Care in Pahrump. You should stay on top of getting a brake check to ensure they will work correctly and are safe to drive with.
What can cause brake failure?
There are many things that could lead to a failure in your brakes. Some of the reasons your brakes could fail are:
- Your brakes endure too much heat. As your brakes use friction to slow the momentum of your vehicle, this could cause them to overheat and lose effectiveness.
- Your brake rotors are damaged. Even though your brake rotors can take a beating, they are not meant to last forever and need to be resurfaced or replaced on occasion.
- A leak in your brake line causing a loss of hydraulic pressure or a failure in the brake calipers.